Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Vintage Farmhouse Decor Inspiration ~ Which Is Your Favorite?!


If you live in the Pacific Northwest, you may have visited the town of Poulsbo, Washington, which is nicknamed "Little Norway." Although it's just a short ferry ride away from Seattle, I had actually only been there once before returning this past weekend with my family. 



There was a little corner bookshop that our boys loved. They are each into different things and enjoy finding books about their interests. I think I have my husband to thank for that! ;)

And I found a couple of inspiring vintage home decor shops that had one-of-a-kind pieces and were styled in a way that gets your creative juices going. So, I thought I'd share some of the things I saw with you... and see what it is that you like best! (Sources are listed at the end of the post.)


1. Pigeon Hole Cabinet #1: Okay. So I have always called these cubbies. Turns out, they are called Pigeon Hole Cabinets. The inspiration behind the name? Apparently it goes back to the times when racing pigeons were held in small compartments. Who knew? 


2. Pigeon Hole Cabinet #2: This one really caught my eye! Can't you picture it in a big mud room, play room, garden shed or even mounted on a wall as a bookshelf?


3. This is not just any old FARMHOUSE sign! It's frame is an old salvaged window frame, complete with original hardware. I loved the scale - and just happen to have the perfect place for it. Unfortunately, it was not my birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day or Christmas. Moving on...


4. Painted Cable Spools. We have some spools in our barn. I love the natural weathered finish of ours... but these made me consider white...hmmm...


5. Feed Store Sign: Simple, clean, rustic and cute.


6. Antique Chippy Arched Screens (not to mention the beautiful weathered white pew beneath it!): The seller shared that they came from a church in Alabama, so now I love them even more. Where would you put them?


7. This time-worn cafe chair with Flower Market Sign caught my eye! Everything in this little shop was dreamy. I felt like I had ducked into a little European shop.

So, If you had to pick just one of these things, what would it be?

Xo

And if you ever find yourself near Poulsbo, Washington, you'll want to stop into these shops:
Red Plantation Marketplace (Images 1-6)
Found (Image 7)

15 comments:

  1. um....I can't pick just one, and while I love the Pigeon Hole cabinets, I gotta give it up for those arched windows! I'm a sucker for arch sal and those give me the feels! I have the perfect spot over my sofa. and I love the farmhouse sign frame with the old sidelight window, but the hutch/cabinet under it???? Oh my stars! Annnd I have thing for spools, painted or not. Youa re lucky that your boys are into books. Most boys aren't. My Hubs and I are both big readers and I love him more because he reads...... Bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal ~ I'm with you on those arched window screens! And everything else. Lol. Yes, I love it that my boys are enjoying books... when they're not too busy playing sports, Legos and video games... just keeping it real. :) Thank you so much for stopping by - you brightened my day.

      Delete
  2. Hello from Alabama!!! I love all of it. That looks like such a neat place to visit. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandi in Alabama! Now if you tell me you attended the church with the arched windows, I may drop over. :) I may also ask you to start picking for me. Ha!

      Delete
  3. What a fun store!! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO fun! Thanks Michelle and hope your week is going well!

      Delete
  4. Just 1? Enamel pot with handle. Picture number 3.
    They make great pots for beside the kitchen sink for the organic waste until it makes it's way to the proper container outside.
    That was so much fun.Thank you, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Pamela! You have a great eye! I had to scroll back through the pictures to spot it. And it is a beauty. And easier on the pocketbook that many of the other items. My husband would say that you and I should shop together! But then again, maybe you would have picked out every enamel pot in the place... :) So happy you stopped by!

      Delete
  5. We were there for hubby's birthday last year! Stayed at the Marina and walked all through town. It's just so cute! I loved the Red Plantation Marketplace. So many goodies. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ~ Emily from So Sunny Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a cute place! Sounds like a fun birthday getaway for your husband (and you! :)

      Delete
  6. Im no expert. but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about. and I can truly get behind that.
    door handles kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have some spools in our barn. I love the natural weathered finish of ours... but these made me consider white... buy online pakistani lawn , gul ahmed lawn 2016 with price online shopping

    ReplyDelete
  8. And it is a beauty
    and easier on the pocketbook that many of the other items. My husband would say that you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.